Dr. Rachel Clark, ND LAc
is a Board Certified Naturopathic Physician and Licensed Acupuncturist. She graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) with a Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine and a Masters in Acupuncture. In her clinical mentorship as a student, Dr. Clark studied Japanese acupuncture and received a certificate in biotherapeutic drainage. Her post-graduate studies include craniosacral therapy, Tung acupuncture, spinal-realignment acupuncture, auricular therapy, and intuitive bodywork. She currently practices in downtown and southeast Portland, specializing in trauma recovery and pain management.
Through the influence of her grandmother, Dr. Clark was introduced to natural remedies at an early age. As a young adult, she enrolled in Willing Workers on Organic Farms where she was introduced to the grassroots healing practices of indigenous Central American cultures. This exposure to alternative methods of healing founded her belief in simple, natural cures that focus on treating the root causes of imbalance as opposed to the symptoms. She practices a study of intuitive healing methods, bridging a connection between the client's awareness and the body's healing ability.
Dr. Clark's philosophy emphasizes a mind-body approach by integrating clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, bodywork, and homeopathic remedies with traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture. Like the needs of each patient are unique, so too are her treatment plans, individualized to comprehensively address ailments with compassionate and attentive care. Through education, relief, and lifestyle counseling, Dr. Clark empowers her patients to restore their body's natural vitality and improve their overall well-being.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- B.A. in Psychology & Philosophy - The New School
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine - National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM)
- Master's in Acupuncture - National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM)
- Clinical mentorship in Japanese acupuncture
- Certificate in Biotherapeutic Drainage™ with Dr. Dick Thom
- Post Graduate Herbal Studies with Scott Kloos
- Post-graduate training in Tung Acupuncture with Brad Whisnant, LAc and Miriam Lee, LAc
- Post-graduate training in Auricular Therapy with Esther Su, LAc
- Post-graduate training in Spinal Re-alignment Acupuncture with Reginald Archibald
- Post-graduate training in Intuitive Bodywork (Kundalini Mediumship) with Justin Levy, LAc
- Post-graduate training in Craniosacral Therapy with Dr. Annhill
- Auto Accidents
- Chronic and Acute Pain Management
- Structural Misalignment
- Gastrointestinal conditions
- Hormonal and Gynecological issues